Inulin, a fructooligosaccharide (FOS), is a soluble prebiotic fiber that is resistant to digestion and reaches the large intestine essentially intact. Intestinal probiotic bacteria consume Inulin and in turn, produce the short-chain fatty acids that nourish the cells lining the colon.
NOW Foods Inulin thus helps to maintain intestinal health and function. Inulin has a pleasant flavour that adds a mild sweetness to foods and drinks, but has a very low glycemic index and will not negatively impact serum glucose levels.
- Pure Powder
- Nourishes Friendly Bacteria
- Very Low Glycemic Index
- Take 1 level teaspoon 1 to 3 times daily.
- Mix into your favourite beverage or food.
- Begin with 1 teaspoon a day and slowly increase dosage to limit GI discomfort.
- Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
For adults only. May cause mild transient GI discomfort. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children. Do not eat freshness packet enclosed. Natural colour variation may occur in this product. This product is sold by weight not volume. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.